(Syphilis) from genital and non-genital swabs. Proprietary PlexZyme® technology provides 4-levels of specificity and market-leading performance to streamline your lesion testing workflow.
|Performance of PlexPCR VHS|
*not for sale in USA
Diagnostic Challenges for Syphilis, HSV -1 & -2 and VZV
All four infections present with clinically similar symptoms – appearing as lesions or ulcers on the skin, mouth, or genital area. Due to the similarities in clinical presentation, molecular-based tests are recommended to detect and differentiate the cause of infection. 1-5
1. Janier M, Hegyi V, Dupin N et al. 2014 European Guideline on the Management of syphilis.
2. Patel R, Kennedy OJ, Clarke E et al. 2017 European Guidelines for the Management of genital herpes
3. Kingston M, French P, Higgins S et al. UK National Guidelines on the Management of syphilis 2015
4. Workowski KA, Bolan GA, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep 2015;64 (RR03); 25-48
5. Australian STI Management Guidelines