Stories of Success
The PlexPCR® technology from SpeeDx is well-known for infectious disease diagnostics but the same technology has also transformed the field of oncology. Significant improvements in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer have occurred through a licensing partnership with Biocartis.
Biocartis employs PlexPCR® for market-leading multiplex capability in their flagship – Idylla™ platform.
- Using PlexZyme® and PlexPrime® PCR in the testing cartridge, Idylla™ can detect over 50 gene mutations in a tumour biopsy (FFPE, blood or plasma).
- PlexPCR® also provides extremely high specificity and sensitivity (Limit of Detection of < 1% and as low as 0.01%), making it ideal for liquid biopsy testing where DNA material is limited.
Currently, PlexZyme® and PlexPrime® technology is used in a range of oncology tests for analysis of biopsies or circulating DNA (ct) with the Idylla™ platform:
- Idylla™ KRAS Mutation Test (CE-IVD/TGA), Idylla™ ctKRAS Mutation Test (CE-IVD) and Assay (RUO).
- Idylla™ NRAS-BRAF Mutation Test (CE-IVD/TGA), Idylla™ NRAS-BRAF-EGFR Mutation Assay (RUO), Idylla™ ctNRAS-BRAF Mutation Test (CE-IVD) and Assay (RUO).
- Idylla™ EGFR Mutation Test (CE-IVD/TGA).
The Idylla™ platform is a fully automated, sample-to-result real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) diagnostic system which offers accurate, highly-reliable molecular information from any biological sample in virtually any setting.
“The game-changing real-time PCR based technology uses a unique combination of PlexZyme® and PlexPrime®, which allows very high sensitivity and specificity combined with high multiplexing capability” –Biocartis*
Read more about Biocartis and its products here.